Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Black Out

As you probably already know, I'm a terrible fan of domestic abuse.

A few months ago I was sitting on the T, on one of the older bench style underground models on the orange line, and this girl sits down across from me and she's had one black eye, and -- I kid you not-- a fist shaped bruise on her right cheek. And I'm wearing my dark sunglasses, so I can pretend that no one knows what I'm looking at. Not that anyone would notice what I was looking at; we're all gawking at the human meat bag sitting across from me. Regardless, it made me regret not paying more attention in Spanish class, so she would understand me when I yelled, "Bet 'cha wont do THAT again!".

--- On a related topic...

Today, at work, I was completing an intake form for a woman with a bruised chin and two black eyes, and being the naturally curious but non-threatening person I am, I asked her "So, what happened?" And she told me that on Sunday she slipped getting out of the tub, and I said "Oh, is THAT what they're calling it now."

I do believe God gives us second chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment