Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Envying a Sensible Vermonter

I recently finished reading the expanded version of The Urban Homestead: Your Guide to Self-sufficient Living in the Heart of the City By Coyne and Knutzen. I liked that the book had suggestions for every level of commitment, from neat little herb filled window boxes to grey water filtration systems. Although I am hardly living off the grid myself, I love hearing about people who are going to very complex lengths to live more simply. Too often these people are bitter, trudging through their environmental lifestyle like a terrible chore, and giving me the impression that its my fault-- solely my fault-- that they have to poop outdoors. So it is refreshing for me to see someone who is genuinely enjoying their self-inflicted frugal lifestyle. Desiree Giroux is one of those people, or at least she puts on a good show. Her blog: Becoming A Sensible Vermonter is part garden planner/part food blog, and chronicles her and her husband's experiences as new Vermonters. I'm mostly in it for the pictures.

I'll write more on this later, for now, go read her blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha, thanks Kim! :) I'm glad I don't make you feel guilty that I pooop outside- because I don't. :)

    ReplyDelete