Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Side note

With our Optometrist's recent decision to leave her part time position with us in favor of a full time position at the VA, I've found myself with a lot of time on my hands. Normally in these cases an employee like myself, being cut from five days a week to only two, would be put on unemployment, but my boss has decided it would be financially beneficial to everyone to just keep me on for the next month, since I'm moving to California in August anyway. So, for the next month, I've got to come up with some time wasting activities at work.

I thought coming up with activities to waste time at work would be easy. It should come more naturally to me than working, but its harder than I had anticipated. So far I can recommend the following websites as prime time wasters:

www.fmylife.com
www.textsfromlastnight.com
www.akwardfamilyphotos.com
www.icanhascheezburger.com

Awkward Family Photos has also branched off to www.awkwardfamilypetphotos.com which I don't see much of a point for, seeing as the really great ones are repeats. But if you're in a real pinch to waste time, then go for it.

Other useless time wasters include staples such as: youtube-ing my favorite music videos (Ok Go, anyone?), facebook, and e-mailing people I'd otherwise not.

EDIT: My good friend Steph has brought to my attention the website www.cutethingsfallingasleep.org which is like a time sucking machine, and I thank her for that recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment