Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fitting

In leau of lunch today, I went to a bridal shop to buy a dress for my brother's impending wedding. Much to my surprise, you need to order these things 8 weeks in advance, my brother's wedding, however, is in 4 weeks. But for a small fee, they are able to rush the dress. How good of them. The shop was small, it had been a coffee shop before this, and before that it was an antique store, and the owner of the shop was on the phone with the police, telling them about a stolen necklace... but I was dress shopping. I found two nearly identical dresses, tried both on, took pictures with my phone, and decided that the more expensive one looked best. Of Course. Now, designer dresses run large, especially wedding related dresses, which is a topic I can't even bring myself to get into right now, another time maybe... But, as I am being sized, fully clothed, the woman tells me, "You're about an eight hip, but a six bust..." and then she realized that I may have been offended by the suggestion that I'm pear shaped, and maybe rightfully so, I've never considered myself pear shaped... So she says quickly "Well- Thats okay though. We can just put in *a little* padding, and you wont even need it altered." and I reply, flattly, "I'm already wearing padding."

No comments:

Post a Comment