Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The world's most lucid dream

Being moved down to part-time is miserable, but it allows me to really focus on people watching. And better than just regular people watching: people watching at the unemployment office.

Upon walking through the door, I encountered a man at the front desk who was probably younger than he looked, struggling through a work history form with a bear of a man who had been a truck driver for as long as he could remember. The old-ish man told me to sit down because I was making him nervous. I was slightly offended that I had the capacity to make him nervous, but he was comfortable with the Bearman.

I was eventually brought into the back to speak with some sort of a placement director. Betty was impressed that I had a job. And not a job 'recently' but still currently was employed, and looking for another job to bump me up to 40 hours a week. And I had a resume. As she came to these revolutions through her own, slow-moving fashion, I realized that maybe I'd be better off going this alone.

Food for thought: Is there such a thing as too much Fla-Vor-Ice? Is this going to be like the time when I was at work and I found out too many lifesavers has a laxative effect?

No comments:

Post a Comment