Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Questionable Taste

I will always look a gift horse in the mouth.

I found a consignment shop in nearby New Hampshire that pays you up front for the clothes you drop off. This was a big deal for me for two reasons, one: I have a lot of clothes that I don't wear, And two: Its my money, and I need it now.

So, I dropped the clothes off at this store, which looked like a pretty nice place and the owner called me like an hour later to say she'd looked through the clothes, and taken a few things, and she wanted to offer me 7 dollars for what she took. Which doesn't sound like a lot, but I'm pretty desperate. And suddenly I understand how pawn shops work. But anyway, when I picked up the clothes, the box looked exactly as full as when I dropped it off. So far, the only thing I can recognize as missing is a blue tie-dyed iridescent tunic that was given to me by a relative who was apparently under the impression that I am a middle-age drag queen. But none of the things I was sure she'd be interested in-- the brand new shoes, sundresses, Ann Taylor shirts-- they were all still there. Even with all the skills Cosmo Magazine has given me, is it possible that I have bad taste? Maybe I should have kept that drag queen tunic, maybe that's the direction fashion is heading. ...But probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment