Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Am I going to need a helmet for this?

In continuation of a previous post: http://kimwar.blogspot.com/2009/11/did-we-ever-find-out-what-was-eating.html

I still think there is a chance that I'm involved in an elaborate conspiracy to conceal the fact that I am a full blown retard. But I'm still in the process of collection evidence. Yesterday I got a little closer to the truth. To explain, let me first say that our office has a very relaxed dress code. Some people wear flip flops, some people where sweatpants, I normally wear scrubs, and on Mondays and Wednesdays when I do office work, I wear appropriate office clothing. Yesterday, Monday, I wore a sailor's outfit. I don't know why. This weekend at TJMaxx I found a blue and white striped cardigan with gold buttons, and it matched perfectly with a pair of white button-front pants that I already had at home, so I picked it up. It was exactly the kind of outfit that would look adorable on a child, or maybe a terrier. And when I strolled into work that morning, my co-workers didn't say a GD thing to me about it. It probably just looked natural to them, like I was coming into my own. Just as a man-child looks natural in a pair of well-worn overalls, perhaps I was meant to wear dog-costumes. I am currently on the look out for a adult sized pink, prima-ballerina outfit.

All this brings me to my main point. That fact that I have a job that I wear scrubs bothers me. Don't get me wrong, I like my scrubs, but don't scrubs look suspiciously like pajamas? And I don't know about you, but when I see someone out and about in pajamas, I tend to wonder if they're retarded. And thus, I rest my case. For now anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment