Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

A new responsiblity

As I may have mentioned before, after the pregnant girl at work left for maternity leave, I was given all her work. I don't mind really, its not a lot of extra work, but its the work itself that is terrible. Probably the worst, and most morbid, of my hand-me-down jobs is to call people and tell them they have Glaucoma. And to clarify, I don't get to call people and tell them they don't have Glaucoma, another girl gets to do that, I only get to call people when they HAVE glaucoma. I'm like the Grim Reaper of visual acuity. For further clarification the OED describes Glaucoma as the following:

" A disease of the eye, characterized by increased tension of the globe and gradual impairment or loss of vision. "

And its my job to call people and tell them the news. I get a stack every week or so.

I call them at the number they listed for primary source of contact. I recently called a woman while she was working, and she cried. Love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment