Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

My Day Off

I cherish my time off. Time to sleep in late, watch tv, and potentially do other things.

Todays 'other things' included going to Woodland and trying to find work-appropriate clothing. I had planned on going to Marshalls, but I was distracted by a thrift store across the street. So, I went there instead.

I'd like to tell you I go to these places for the people watching, and although it WAS excellent people watching, I go to these places because I'm ridiculously cheap, and I don't feel like my work clothes are worth paying full price. Also, I can shamelessly listen to 90s soft rock while I shop. Walking into a super-sized thrift store is a lot like traveling back to the 90s. Beyond Boys to Men on the loud speaker, there are an endless supply of old fax machines, large corded telephones, and all the women's clothing come with shoulder pads. And not the cool, fashionable shoulder pads- bit bad ass, line-backer shoulder pads. Because when I go to an interview, I want my suit to subtly say "I might tackle you."

I'm starting to see how my fashion sense could have been mistaken for that of an old man.

3 comments:

  1. without shoulder pads my clothing still always says "I will tackle you"

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that explains why you were so popular in the early 90s..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to go to a store like that. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete