Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Therapy Burn

So, this all started as a self-therapy experiment, but armed with the knowledge that I should always spread my interests, I also see a traditional therapist.

Once a week I sneak into town and stare at this woman for an hour. And I talk, mostly about the week. I don't think I'm very good at therapy, and I imagine its pretty frustrating to listen to me rant. Something like listening to a second-hand book review. And then I leave, wondering if she got anything from that, as if the session was to benefit her. Well, that was my plan for today until she called me at 9am, which, by the way, is such an insult. For her to know I'd still be at home, in bed, and not at work, or out, or somehow unavailable because I'm a contributing member of society totally burns me up. So, she says she's in the hospital, and she'll have to cancel our meeting for today. And then she's going on vacation, so she'll see me at the end of the month. And I just say "You'll really do anything to get out of this, wont you?" Honestly though, I think hospitalization is going a little far.

No comments:

Post a Comment