Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Slow Going...

If there's one thing I've learned about California in the four days I've been here, its that good things come to those who wait. And you'll do a lot of waiting here. I've always been a super fast walker, typer, talker, but in California, its even more exaggerated. Now I know how Superman felt when he'd slow down time so he could get a lot of stuff done.

Luckily, I've learned more than just one thing in the four days I've been here. Like the Chinese restaurant in the shopping plaza next to our apartment is amazing. And sometimes people at IKEA don't know what they're talking about, even when they say it in a really friendly voice. And, most recently, the farmers market in Davis on Saturday mornings is awesome.
Here's a picture I took of everything we got:



I can't wait to see what Mike makes me for dinner...

5 comments:

  1. It's like that show Chopped. Where the chefs get a basket with a banana, string beans and pineapple and they have to make a three course meal using all three items.
    But the items you have are much better. What did me make you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually made dinner. A tomato and basil sauce with chicken and rice. It rocked AND rolled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA!!! omg.... I didn't know you had a blog until you just posted it on facebook! You are hilarious!! I've been reading your past ones and can't stop laughing out loud!! How exciting for you! a brand new adventure! I hope everything goes very well for you Kim. :) -Lauren Hansen

    ReplyDelete
  4. As if your famers market has avocados! :) Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren-- Thanks for the positive feedback. I'm hoping this move will inspire me to write more often.

    Desi-- It Does! Six for five dollars, organic!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete