Pages

Friday, November 6, 2009

Feels like a good day to get Murdered...

Recent events in my life have had me thinking. Thinking about getting murdered. And how its a decidedly negative thing to get killed-- or is it? I mean, people always focus on the negative; all the life lost, all the things the person who died will never get to do, but whose to say they would have done any of that anyway? I've made a list of all the things I wouldn't have to do:

Wake up early, go to work.
Shave my legs, worry about holiday weight gain.
Pay my student loans back.
Pay for a house, or a wedding, or have a kid who grows up to be a teenager who hates me.
I would never get caught speeding
I would never be audited.
I would never get old (This is the big one people usually mourn about. 'So-and-so never got a chance to grow old!' Right. An opportunity to sag, ache, wrinkle, and become increasingly embittered by the youth generation. Tragic.)

People would remember me as this young, smart, smiling person-- who I never was, but I didn't have enough time to make a really strong impression on most people, so they'd fabricate these great memories of me.

Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment