Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

California Roll

California is big. The whole country is big, which was news to me, because I thought Vermont was big. I thought we had big mountains, and big trees, and wide open spaces-- but I was wrong. I have a been a goldfish my whole life. My whole world view has been built around a fake plastic castle and a bubbling clam shell. And I feel like someone has dropped me in an ocean out here in California. Except, this ocean kind of smells like weed and everyone says "Cheers" and "Rad" and wear Rayban sunglasses every waking moment (I get it. you're hip).

A few days ago I was biking to work and I almost got hit, and the guy just shouted out "No worries!". No worries? You nearly hit me. Car versus Bike. Actually-- Yeah, I have a little bit of worries about that. You bum.

No comments:

Post a Comment