Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

AARP Couture

One of my co-workers told me the other day that I remind them of a Grandpa.

Fashion has never been a friend of mine. I always try to make my personal style look effortless, but instead it always ends up looking like I didn't even try.

I thought I'd caught my break when the whole smart-is-sexy thing started popping up around Davis. Geek Chic, if you will. Sort of like a play on Hipsters, without the attitude. But you really need to be naturally beautiful to pull off a look like that, because otherwise a frumpy Mr. Rogers sweater and a pair of loafers just make you look, well, frumpy. And loafish. And thats where I find myself on most days. I'm trying for a sort of Tina Fey on 30 Rock look, but I end up with more of a Fred Mertz.

No comments:

Post a Comment