Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Go West, little blonde girl

Let the count down begin! 14 days until we move from our small house in Vermont, to our not-so-small apartment in Davis, California. I've spent so much time grieving about moving away from my family and my friends, that I forgot to pack.

But I have a plan:

First: We pack. Here's my three step packing plan:
One: Label boxes. Every time I move, it starts with that key factor. So, the first three boxes are labeled, and then everything else is just crap crammed into anything random beer or liquor box we could find. But not this time. We've got real boxes this time.

Two: Spacebags. I might have mentioned this before, but spacebags are very important to me.

Three: Eat the food. We have rice noodles that have lived with my fiance longer than I have. They have followed us from his apartment in Boston, to our apartment in Boston, to the house in Spoonerville, to the house in Springfield, and that's where it end. We will eat those God damn noodles.

In the next few posts I will do my best to explain how we plan on spending our 2598.99 mile journey with our cat, which, by my calculations, will involve 90 rest area stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment