Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

And now, a little something Extra

I finally found an obscure beer that Coors hasn't bought yet! I found Caballo Extra at our local SaveMart for on 3.99 a six pack. Its bottled in clear glass so that, I assume, so you can see how good it looks.

'Caballo' means 'Horse' in Spanish, which makes this light bodied beer slightly educational, because I learned a new Spanish word.

What else can I say about Caballo Extra... Well, its a beer. Its imported from El Salvador. Online reviews give it a "D" grade and suggested avoiding it. Thats right; not just not drinking it, but actively avoiding it when you see it in the grocery store. Other reviewers have noted it has a distinct aroma of 'skunky cabbage', and flavor that suggested it may have been brewed from actual horses.

But this kind of a home-run central american cerveza can't be independent forever, so I've gone ahead and created the logo for mega-conglomerate integration. Coors Miller, you're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this while eating sauerkraut -- skunky cabbage you say? Yes, please.

    ReplyDelete